The best software for DJs
In the field of programs to mix music and deejay songs, there is a wide range of options available, although very few of these programs can be considered as the best. The names of Virtual DJ, DJ ProDecks and, obviously, Traktor, all spring to mind. The latter is one of the most successful programs in this sector, mainly because it's backed by Native Instruments, a leading company in the design of hardware and software for music production.
The first version of this program started a real revolution within DJ cabins all over the world, but it was the second version that confirmed this tool as a referential program and consolidated it as a star product for all deejays.
Possibly the best deejaying software on the market.
It supports up to four tracks at the same time. Its interface has been remodeled to give a more intuitive touch to its functions, and the file explorer has also been improved for a better organization of your music library and all the songs you've got on iTunes.
- Up to 4 players or decks available at the same time to create unique mixes.
- Improved synchronization engine. It detects rhythms and BPM's with great precisions and blocks the mix for an endless perfect synchronization.
- Professional mixer based on the technology included in the Allen & Heath hardware mixing tables.
- Integrated equalizer with 4 bands per channel, one more band than those that are usually available.
- Independent high-band and low-band filters for each channel.
- Adjustable crossfader curve.
- Four effect racks for each deck.
- Advanced and very precise function to work with loops.
- Up to 8 assignable CUE points per song.
- Four new audio effects: Tape Delay, Ramp Relay, Bouncer and Auto Bouncer, which increases the total amount of effects to 32, all of which can be synchronized to the song's speed or to the master tempo, based on the innovating REAKTOR technology.
- Sample decks and loops that are perfectly synchronisable.
- Create incredible effect chains to achieve unique results.
- Compatible with external controllers and mixers.
New TruWave system with an optimized interface.
Native Instruments has developed a new visualization system that uses the graphic information to differentiate the different elements of a song. The TrueWave system provides colored waveforms with which you can differentiate drums, vocals or aggressive synthesizer leads, to name a few examples.
Furthermore, you have several zoom levels to observe the contents of your songs with great precision, as well as the general song view, that allows us to view everything with a mere glance.
On the other hand, the different visualization modes have a new addition, “Essential View” a view that has been optimized to use Traktor together with an external mixer or controller.
It also includes a series of functions focused on letting the user's creativity run wild. For instance, its Sample Decks will allow you to launch up to four audio samples on each one of the decks, all perfectly synchronized with the tempo. This opens a full range of possibilities to remix and edit music. Import any song to the dedicated slots and even, capture the audio from the software to introduce it into your session thanks to the new Loop Recorder.
This tool is capable of instantly recording any audio source that you indicate. Register the loop and use it as another part of your set. It's even possible to use it as a fifth additional player.
We also have to mention over 30 professional high-quality effects, four FX Units and a Macro FX with a single button that offers an unlimited sound palette, being very flexible when it comes to grouping and customizing effects.
In turn, it also allows us to edit Stems, the multi-channel audio format made up by four musical elements and that allows us to edit them independently. They can be loaded onto the program to create spontaneous mixes, acapella versions, instrumental versions, and whatever else you can think off, enriching or isolating any of the channels.
- You need to have a ZIP compatible compressor.
- The trial version can be used for 30 minutes.
Traktor DJ iPhone 1.6.5
Practice deejaying from your iPhone